damselcorsets.com

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

If ONLY it works


I know I've been telling you guys about this for months, and IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!! I couldn't be more proud of this thing! Sure, there's some goofy little typos and repeats and one mis-spelling, but it's sooooo awesome!! The greatest part about the magazine is that you can FINALLY show people what steampunk is. We have a stunning steampunk photoshoot in this thing, with large full color pictures on every page! I also show you how to make swell wristcuffs (I do GOOD PATTERNS, where I actually take pictures every step of the way so you can see what I'm doing!!) in our "how to" section, and I even review beauty products that I've purchased off of etsy!!

Okay, now for the best part *drumroll, please* EVERYONE who buys a copy of the magazine will also get a coupon in the magazine that is good for $15 off your next artfire purchase and 15% off of you next etsy purchase!! It's like I'm giving this dang magazine away....in fact, I'm paying YOU to get it. I know, it's a crazy world...

And now for my plea- Uh..I won't lie, I dropped a BUNDLE of cash to make this magazine happen. It was LOTS of stress, blood, sweat, and tears...oh, and profanity. The REASON I wanted to do this magazine was because I felt like it would pick up where my blog leaves off. Where the blog only has a few pictures and a little article, this has hundreds of pictures and lots of articles! Where the blog can only be read and accessed online, this little magazine can be hauled around in your purse and you can show it to friends and EXPLAIN to them why corsets are so stupendous! But, MOST OF ALL, I actually want to create a magazine that is about REAL women, REAL small companies, and REAL products. I'm not going to be telling you to buy covergirl mascara because they happened to buy an ad in my magazine that they paid $30,000 for. I'm not going to tell you how to drop 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm not going to SHOVE the same useless drabble down your throats that you get EVERY freaking month in EVER other womens' magazine!!!!

My magazine is going to be filled with articles and brainwashing yourself back into LIKING your body. I figure, we're all in this together....us women. It's going to be about taking back your sensuality and wielding it as a powerful weapon! It will be about seriously resetting your self esteem levels and finding the same inner confidence that a sexy corset would give you! I'm SOOOO excited about the things coming up, but I DO need the first run of magazines to make me enough money to do the next ones. Please, please oh, please, help me out here. It's only 10 bucks, and I REALLY feel like you get a good product for the price. Show your friends, tell your neighbors. All of that awesome stuff.

10 comments:

  1. Michelle, you are full of awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay!!!! I ordered one from your ArtFire Store. I hope it arrives on a weekday. If it comes on a Saturday, I will never get to look at it because the teenager will steal it and run off to school with it in her backpack! :) She'll want to steal my coupon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God I must buy this immediately

    As soon as I get home and get to a secure network, I'm buying one :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited when the magazine popped up on my easy rss feed for your shop that I bought one before you even blogged about it! LOVE it! You are awesome and thank you for bringing out the beauty in us regar soccer moms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is brilliant. Totally buying one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look pretty darn awesome! I may try to pick on up after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't WAIT until my next paycheck, I want one of these SO BAD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered one just now - Can't wait for it to come in!! :) It looks totally amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got my magazine today and it's awesome. Thanks so much for making it.

    ReplyDelete