GRAB BAG SALE DETAILS!
Friends, remember that the main reason we do this is because we HAVE to clear out our excess stock that I can't take to festivals (you'll see the reasons below) and if I'm being honest here, there's no way I could possibly hire someone to spend the time it would take to photograph and list all of this stuff. I calculated the time that it takes to set up the mannequin, lighting, and backdrops, dress her up, accessorize her, snap pictures, upload them, resize them and make them true to color, and list them....it takes somewhere around 20 minutes FOR EACH THING. So..uh...multiply that by about 300, and you've got trouble. I have more things than last year, because, well, my company has expanded, and we've killed ourselves trying to get production to be more efficient so we could maintain the already low costs of these high quality costumes. We just simply have more this year. I will be posting more details, helpful hints, and suggestions as the next week passes. For right now, here is the most important info.
*This sale will be held on Black Friday, November 23, 2012.
*It will be held on BOTH etsy and artfire, and the release times will be at 6:00 AM MST & 9:00 AM MST. We will be listing at the same time on BOTH sites.
This might be confusing. Stay with me.
- $35-Level 1 Grab Bags/Underbust: *Original Retail Prices-$55 to $135
- These Grab Bags are guaranteed to have one underbust style corset in the size stated in the description. This could include our wench corsets, Torians, or Vixens. All of these corsets are either OOAK, discontinued fabrics, slightly flawed (but still perfectly wearable. Our "flaws" are usually things like mis-matched lining pieces.) or out of older, out-of-date patterns.
- $55 Level 1 Grab Bags/Overbust *Original Retail Prices-$99-159 These will have the same stipulations as above, but they will be our overbust corset styles (you know, ones that simple go up over the breasts.) such as the Duchess, Crossfire, Courtier, and a host of other strange one-offs.
- $75 Level 2 Grab Bags/Underbust *Original Retail Prices for pieces combined:$125-$199 These bags will contain one underbust corset (same rules as above) as well as one other piece which will be any one of the following: bloomers, Victorian ruffle Collars, Skirts, Cropped Vests, Hooded Vests, Hooded Capelets, tie-on bustle ruffles, bullet belts, or anything else that I think will be awesome.
- $95 Level 2 Grab Bags/Overbust *Original Retail Prices for pieces combined: $135-$250 Same as above, except for these will be overbust pieces, just like in level 1.
- $125 Level 3 Grab Bags/Underbust *Original Retail Prices for all together: $175-$300 These are such a stupidly good price for what you'll be getting that this makes me want to cry. I KNOW what's going into these bags, and you're basically getting an entire outfit for this cheap. Holy Face! So, this will include an underbust corset, with 2 OTHER PIECES from the list up above, in the level 2 sections. Most of the ones I'll be putting together will be a combination of the corset, a skirt, and either a blouse or a cropped vest. Pretty freaking awesome.
- $145 Level 3 Grab Bags/Overbust *Original Retail Prices for all together: $225-350 Same as above, same as above, just read.
- $150 Level 4 DELUXE Grab Bags/Underbust *Original Retail Prices for all together: $350-$500 I'll be up front with you. These are the ones that made etsy glitch last time we did this. They oversold us in a serious way, because people were buying things at the exact same second. One one of the sizes, I only had a quantity of 3, and etsy ended up selling about 8 of them. Anyhow, these will be either Peacock Vixens, Vixen Pirate Coats (with and without their sleeves. It just depends on what I have.) AND a skirt or a blouse. On the coats that don't have sleeves, we made sure that they get BOTH a skirt and a blouse. These are the most bang for your buck, but also the most coveted. They are also the ones that we have the least amount of left over stock.
- $170 Level 4 DELUXE Grab Bags/Overbust *Original Retail Prices for all together: $400-$575 I These are overbust pieces-think "corsets with tails" which includes all of our overbust pirate coat styles (once again, with and without sleeves.) and our empire corsair sets included with matching underbust corsets. These packages all include at least a skirt or a blouse, but honestly, most of them have both. These are FREAKING good packages, and all of them match beautifully too! It's not as random as it was last time.
*20% OFF ENTIRE WEBSITE FOR ONE DAY! You can go to our www.damseldress.com website (link over to the right side of the page.) and get anything custom-ordered in your size and fit for 20% off the regular price. However, you MUST USE A COUPON CODE FOR THIS! The coupon code is FRIDAY2012 and it will only be valid on that day, so don't even try it yet. That can add up to some serious money, especially if you're getting one of the coats. The wait time on these custom ordered pieces will be a minimum of 4 weeks, unless you order the rush fee (which you'll also be able to get at 20% off.) This is a good option for those of you who want to order something, but are either unable to get one of the grab bags, or too scared of not knowing what you'll be getting (although, I made SURE they were all good bags.)
*$5 SCRAP BOX SALE!
I figured out that there is a larger size of flat rate box, and we can cram about 5-6 yards of BIG size scraps in there. These scraps will be random colors (which I think is honestly better than just getting specific colors. I have a WIDE range of colors and patterns, and you'll probably get what you would want for a project anyhow!) because trying to separate the scraps into specific colors would take hours and hours and make me want to die. This fabric retails for $29-$60 a yard. If you don't believe me, go and look at freaking JoAnn. It is EXPENSIVE stuff, because it's nice....remember, we only use nice quality fabric? Yeah.
What can you do with scraps? Even if you don't sew, you can find easy patterns and instructions online for making mini top-hats, pouches, statement necklaces, spats, wrist cuffs, belts, patchwork skirts, and a ridiculous number of other magical things!
These will still be the same S&H ($12) because we are CRAMMING flat rate boxes full, so you're getting an amazing deal, if you're crafty at all!