damselcorsets.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Principles of Epic Costume: Chapter 4

       I suppose this would be Part 2 of yesterday's blog entry. I just really want to emphasize how important it is to get rid of all of the preconceived notions that have been shoved into your brain about how everything you wear has to make you look small and make you disappear. 
       I REALLY love John Mayer (yes, I know he's a butt-head in real life) and especially all of his music written before about 2010. However, I'm completely obsessed with his song "Bigger than My Body" and I think it embodies (pun intended) the spirit of bustle skirts!! 
 Yes, I'm grounded
Got my wings clipped
I'm surrounded (by) 
All this pavement
Guess I'll circle 
While I'm waiting 
For my fuse to dry

Someday I'll fly
Someday I'll soar
Someday I'll be so damn much more
Cause I'm bigger than my body gives me credit for

       Either way, I WILL apologize for every time I've lost my temper when  woman came up to my booth at a show and looked at the bustle skirts and said, "Oh, I couldn't wear those! I've already got enough JUNK in my TRUNK!"  What in the POTTY WORDS???? Friends, people won't even see your bum. They'll see a stunning woman who is not afraid of life. They'll see sumptuous folds of fabric, elegance, and fearlessness. Your "junk" doesn't even enter the picture. 

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love this post. So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the adoration at you. I remember you fitting me at the Portland Pirate Festival 2 years ago, already very aware of the size of my bust, you laced me up, bonked me in the face with the bird mask you were wearing, and assured me that my tatas would look amazing. I was stunned and flattered. You are a curvy girl champion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!
    Waist Training Corsets
    Corset Tops
    Leather Corsets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. Just remind them how small their waist will look in comparison :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sharing with personal ideas
    See some cheap dress at
    http://www.katequeen.com
    http://www.formalau.com

    ReplyDelete